Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I would like to set up an appt. with some one at the Genius…

I would like to...

I would like to set up an appt. with some one at the Genius Bar. I would like a tutorial to walk me through the process of using my new Mac computer since i am not familiar with the operating features of a Mac.could someone please contact me to set up an appt. Jan Champagne(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

I’m not sure? Windows?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

We got the Computer during the Xmas holidays Mostly I just used the pages to write a letter and send on my email

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have macOS Sierra on the MacBook Pro

2/9/2018
Terry White II

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I a Mac Specialist and Tutor of over 15 years. I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.

The Genius Bar would not be able to assist you in the regards ***** ***** familiar with your new Mac, as their primary focus is troubleshooting and fixing Apple computers, notebooks, iPhones, iPads, and more. They are pretty much the repair side of the Apple retail store.

However, if you would like to go to the store to learn the basics of your MacBook Pro, I have just the right webpage from Apple you can visit:

https://www.apple.com/retail/

I have a few screenshot links below, that you can view to see what I am referring to:

1.) Select on this page, type in your City and State - OR- Zip code, for a complete listing of Apple Retail Store near you

Screenshot to view: http://prntscr.com/ickx4x

2.) Once you have selected the store you want to visit (in this example, I will use an Austin, Texas zip code -78710),

This is the page you will now see a list of Apple stores near you. In my example, I select the nearest Apple store- Domain Northside.

Look in the same little box for that store and click on View store details>

This will take you into the next window, and also where you can sign up for a Mac Basics workshop for free.

Screenshot to view: http://prntscr.com/ickzh3

3.) On the page you see now, scroll down a little until you see "TODAY AT APPLE" for the Apple store you choose.

Scroll down until you a see a link in blue: "See more sessions at this store>"

Screenshot to view: http://prntscr.com/icl428

4.) This the main page you will need to go to, in order to look for a Mac Basics class by scrolling down on this page until you see this section:

Screenshot to view: http://prntscr.com/icl4iu

You now can select the date you would like to see if there is a Basics: Mac workshop available and from there you can select the day, time of day and the time frame which would be convenient for you to visit the store with your Ma

cBook Pro for some great instruction to help you become more familiar with your MacBook Pro.

Now, if you perform these steps and are not able to find the workshop you need to get more tutoring with on your Macbook Pro, you are welcome to check with that Apple store you selected, to see if they offer any instruction on Mac basics. If they do, they will provide you what days they do have those workshops, otherwise, they may refer you to check one of their other stores which may host that particular workshop.

Each Apple store has a different workshop schedule as well as a selection of workshops they provide, so definitely don't hesitate to contact the store directly.

One last thing: I see you are from Canada, so here is the correct listing of Apple Retail stores in Canada you can choose from:

https://www.apple.com/ca/retail/

I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to reply back to this post if you have more questions, I am definitely here to help!

Kind Regards,

TD

Hi Terry,
Iam ort of town staying at a B&B with crappy wi fi service and i a on a wor thing so I haven’t hadtime to review my emails or proble solve . I will try to attend to this email in the next couple of days.thanks for your concern.Jan

Hello Jan,

Thanks for your response, I was looking for your update.

I will be checking my inbox daily to make sure I am available for you, so please, feel free to post back again, if you have any further questions.

Regards,

-TD

Terry White II
Terry White II
Terry White II
Terry White II