Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone 7plus iPhone music app will only play music in…

My iPhone 7plus iPhone...

My iPhone 7plus iPhone music app will only play music in shuffle mode. Why? It worked fine in the past.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

11.2.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Past week. Shuffle icon does not change when I hit it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

2/8/2018
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Have you tried to do a power reset of the iPhone?

No...how?
How do you do a power reset?
Press and hold the on/off switch and home button down together. Continue to hold until the iPhone shuts off and the Apple logo appears. Give about a minute to load see if you can turn off shuffle mode. Please let me know the outcome.
All that happens when I do that is I get a picture of the current screen (ie screen grab).
You are not holding the burtons long enough. You will need to hold up to 20 seconds or once the iPhones shuts off. But do not let go until the Apple logo appears. Then let go.
Done.....still shuffles.
How long is this going to be?
Sorry to be a pain, but I’m hrustrated. Please respond.

I am apologize last night I lost internet access. Please try the following and let me know the outcome.

There are two areas for shuffle mode.

One can be found above the title list of an album or playlist, and the

other one when listening to a title, scrolling down right below the

volume bar.

Now:

The album/playlist "shuffle"-icon when tapped causes a random

title to be selected.

To deactivate the shuffle mode of an album, use the one below the volume

bar, right next to the "repeat"-icon. Indeed this shuffle-icon will change color

therefore indicating whether it is activated or not.

Also, you can try and ask Siri to turn off shuffle mode. Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

that worked! Thank you

Excellent! Glad I was able to assist you with your issue.

Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.

Thanks, Cris.

Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Cris
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist