Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I went ahead and tried the "update" offered on my iPhone SE.

Customer Question
I went ahead and...

I went ahead and tried the "update" offered on my iPhone SE. Now it won't allow me to exit the update without entering either a passcode or a touch ID. Until now, I've felt safe without either of these. How can I exit this update without entering either of the above?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Quite a while ago. Maybe three or four years.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. I have no idea what that is. I use my phone almost exclusively for calling and texting.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
2/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 5 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- If it still asks for passcode, then enter any passcode you want, and remember it. Then later, you can go to Settings and disable / remove passcode option there.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.