Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need step by step instructions to reset my iPhone

Customer Question
I need step by...

I need step by step instructions to reset my iPhone password. When I've tried to do it, I am sent a verification code by email, and when I enter it I am sent another email, over and over.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably in November when I was trying to set up Amazon Echo.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I've just been trying on the phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is it the same method for my iPad as well?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
2/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Lets try the following steps to reset your apple id password, Go to the link below, enter your applie id.

https://iforgot.apple.com/

After entering your apple id, either answer your security questions and reset your password. Or , have an email sent to your email address. Then open your email and click the reset link inside that email to reset your password.

Once you have set a new password. Turn your device off, then back on and try to sign in with the apple id and the new password ***** just set.
If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

DUSTIN, I need to cancel my membership. How do I do this?
No thank you