Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an apple account but cannot remember password. I need…

Customer Question
I have an apple...

I have an apple account but cannot remember password. I need to put in my credit card number. BIG problem the credit card I was using was Fraudelent used and I got a new replacement card. However I shredded the old one and do not remembwe the numbers. Please HELP

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I think just a few months ago. I am 83 and can say for sure. Sorry I even wrote the password ***** my book but it won't accept it.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes and it said they needed the credit card number I have used for years. And it is shredded

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

They said I could get my account recovered in 13 days

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
2/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

No. I feel like a foolish 83 year old that has probably walked into a scam. Low income and can't afford anything.Apple informed me that they will have me reconnected in 13 days.
No No No!!!!!!!

The service is not $5.00 and you have been charged more than that.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team and once you're happy, let me know and we can continue.
Regards
Kris

I cannot get into my Apple Account. I know my ID but they say the Password ***** I had written down in my Password ***** if
incorrect. I tried several times to change Password. they than said that they would need my credit card number that I have used for several years. I don't know that NUMBER anymore as someone at Christmas charged $1300. on that card and they told me to destroy it. I got a new card but don't know the number of the card I had been using. HELP
Am I going to be assisted? Or is this a scam like I was afraid it was. Kris if you are on line like it indicates please send a message.
If this is a scam I hope you have a BAD night--I know I will. Thanks for nothing

Please also be aware that this is a paid service providing professional support with guaranteed quality.
Once an expert has opted In and worked on your question, you will be charged for the solution on top of your deposit. This has been charged to your card now.
Please advise if you want to continue or not.
Any remote assistance offers is on top of all these amounts and is charged once the expert accepts it. Thanks.

No

OK no problem