Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad Pro turn on button sometimes takes me 20 30 tries to…

Customer Question
My iPad Pro turn...

My iPad Pro turn on button sometimes takes me 20 30 tries to turn the device on. And when I’m in an app such as email sometimes it takes me 10 to 20 times to get out of the app. Can this be fixed?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

The latest upgrade

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It started with the upgrade before this one. Tech support had me load the newest upgrade when I talked with them yesterday. It worked fine for about 2 hours and then back to the problem.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
2/7/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 5 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Over time, the button will wear out and will eventually need to be replaced.

A local cell phone or tablet repair shop will be able to fix this for you, or you can return the iPad to Apple:

https://www.apple.com/us/shop/help/returns_refund

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------