Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

II have a iPad mini. I can’t seem to get into my e-mail. I…

Customer Question
II have a iPad...

II have a iPad mini. I can’t seem to get into my e-mail. I can read the first screen of my e-mails, but I cannot get into the e-mail. For example, I can read that my American Express payment is due, but when I touch the screen to view my statement and pay my bill on line I do not get a response and cannot get into my message. Please help, what should I do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don’t remember changing either, but I may have. I can get into my e-mails on my phone, but for some e-mails I prefer the larger iPad screen.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so. Thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
2/6/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First, we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Only reset if you know the passcode to unlock the screen of your device.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPad or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok

I pressed the power and home buttons and it rebooted. I entered my passcode and I am looking at my home page.

Check if email is working now

I would like you to walk me through the fix.

Is email working now?

No. The e-mail loads, but I still cannot press the view button. I received the Just Answer response that my answer was on the way, I pressed the orange box to view my question, nothing happens.

On your iPad, go to Settings app, tap Accounts and Passwords. You will see your email account there. Tap it and delete the email account. Then add it back. This will refresh the email.

I deleted my Yahoo e-mail account in settings and then added it back. When I entered my e-mail address and my password ***** got the message that “Yahoo” account has already been added to your iPad.

Now, open Mail app and does it allow you to open emails?

No. It says “No Mail”

Open Settings, tap Accounts and Passwords. Do you see Yahoo there?

No. The account listed is iCloud only.

Tap Add Account, tap Yahoo and add it

Ok I added Yahoo, then it asked me to enter my e-mail address and password. I entered this info and it sends me back to the settings page that lists only the iCloud account. There is a place where it says”trouble signing in”.

Are you sure you are entering correct Yahoo and password?

No. I had a lot of problems with my passwords when I closed my AT&T accounts a year ago. Should I change my password ***** again for my Yahoo e-mail account.

Yes, then setup the account on iPad using the new password. You can reset your Yahoo password ***** here --> https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27051.html

Ashik, I’m getting frustrated. I changed my password ***** received an e-mail from AT&T that the change was made, but when I try to log in to add th Yahoo account it says it is an invalid password. I’ve made several attempts so I think my timing is off. Should I give it a rest and try again later? I do not want to incur more costs. What do you advise?

Are you able to access your email via Safari i.e via this website --> www.yahoo.com

On your iPhone, open App Store, search Yahoo or Outlook. Download them. Then open those apps and setup your Yahoo account on them and do they accept your account name and password?

Add a bookmark of this question or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me any time you want without having to pay anything additional. And you will not be charged anything additional for any follow up questions or time.

Ashik, thank you. I hate to admit to you how ignorant I am, but you probably know this already. That’s why I wanted you to walk me through this so I could not be so dumb. He ow do I bookmark my chats with you? I really appreciate your patience until I get my iPad e-mail straightened out. Patty
No worries. Tap the share button i.e the box with arrow and tap Add Bookmark or Add yo Home screen
Dear Ashik, I worked with AT&T's technical support for hours yesterday. They were not able to add my Yahoo account, despite the fact that I spoke to 3 different techs, including their special Digital Assistance Center specialist. She and I did the same things you and I did 6 times, but she did not know why the password ***** not work. She put me on hold to ask another tech and the call was dropped. When I called back another tech said she only dealt with cell phones, but promised to connect me with the tech that dealt with iPads. While I was waiting on hold, I put in the original password ***** this worked. I was able to get the Yahoo added to my iPad. The Yahoo account appeared in the Settings-Accounts and Password ***** but I still can't get into the e-nails. I am right back where I started when I first contacted you. So the problem was not solved and your solution was not effective. I would like my $5.00 refunded and I will not pay for any further fees because I just wasted several hours over 2 days for nothing. I am sorry, but I cannot say you helped me and my problem has not been solved.

I'm sorry about that. Please email the customer support at *****@******.*** and they will do the full refund. Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund.

Best Regards,