Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm unable to save nor to export my project within iMovie…

Customer Question
Hi I'm unable to...

Hi I'm unable to save nor to export my project within iMovie app. The error reads that unable to open the file"1080p.mov because the file does not exist... Any help would be appreciated. I have tried everything in the book to move this project to either the icloud or save or iTunes but no success :(

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your iTunes?

Last night

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

It's all up to date

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm using my ipad for the project

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Hello - Do you have an ETA for my question? Many thanksJP
2/1/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

The file 1080p.mov, where does it live?

it's in my iPad

And you are exporting it from your iPad?

thta is correct. I'm using iMovie App and I can't save, or export to iCloud

Is the iPad connected to wifi?

Does it start the export or does it fail immediately?

that is correct
it starts the export and it looks like it's about to finish afer several minutes and at that point I get the error message. I even deleted the project and started over however the same issue occurred

have you tried creating a new project and exporting that project?

same issue

Are you using the same content in the new project?

it could be the size of the file... so I'm going to split it in few segments and see what happens...
I really don't think you can help here since there is no way for you to mirror the issue in order to really understand the issue it self. No harm done. I tried but ...

I completely understand. Lets do this, dial ‭(866)(###) ###-#### and select option 1. Let them know a former Mac Genius sent you. When finished messages me back, ok?