Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I reset the code to open my Iphone. My iPhone was…

Customer Question
How do I reset...

How do I reset the code to open my Iphone

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My iPhone was damaged when I dropped in water. I still have iPhone 5 I bought both from AT&T. I am still paying a monthly installment for the iPhone 6 s. I do not know the coke of the iphone5 how do I change the code to unlock the iphone5

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I don’t know how I spoke to AT&T, they advised me to go their store in my area. I called th at&t store they stated that I need to go ta iPhone store which is 22 miles away. I am sure there is a easier way

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
1/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Do you have a Mac or PC we can use? To reset the code, we need to restore the phone to factory settings

John, my phone have been disabled because I tried too many times. I have wait another 5 minutes. I gave the iPhone 5 to my granddaughter. She did not use the phone for a while. Do I need to wait for the phone to be unlocked

No, we do not need it to be unlocked to do this. Do you have a Mac or Windows computer?

I think it is a Windows

Do you have iTunes installed?

we do have iTunes
What else do I do from here

Okay, great! Please install this program for me and let me know when you are ready to proceed:

https://www.tenorshare.com/products/reiboot.html

Can I do this on my lpad

It will need to be done on your Windows computer

John I was able to do the recovery but still need to get a new code to open the phone
My granddaughter had the when I changed to the iPhone 6. However since I am now using the she does not remember code because she have an ipad

There are multiple steps we need to do still to change the code. Have you installed that program that I sent to you?

I got a message that the software was not installed
John sorry for not responding, My iPad was out of power, I am ready to start

Not a problem. Please download and run this file on your computer:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e57a7e70-deab-49d6-81cf-6c65d61100b4

I am sending this message to anyone available at this time. I was texting John earlier, but was unable to continue. My iphone5 is now locked with the itunes icon is locked on the iphone5
how do I get the itunes icon off the iphone5
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, I'm Karthik and I'm happy to assist you with your question today. I'm very sorry it took so long for an Expert to get back to you, I've only just come online and saw your question now.

Before we get started, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

John told me to log into the itunes on the computer, I did but was unable to. The problem now is that I am unable to remove the itunes icon from the phone it is locked with the icon on the screen

That's not a problem, Replug the iPhone back to the computer and reopen the iTunes. Please wait for 2 minutes and check if you get any error message in the computer.

Okay, one minute my computer is a little slow

No problem, you can take your time.

The iTunes is up what do I do next

Unplug and Replug the iPhone back to the computer.

Done
What next

While your iPhone is connected to the computer, you need to Press and hold both the Home and Sleep/wake button at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.

I tried that, the iTunes icon returned,please . I also see an message that the UB device not recognized

Again unplug and replug the iPhone back to the computer in the different USB slot.

I have tries all your instructions, I am logging into itunes unfortunately my computer keeps freezing and taking up to 5 minutes to clear. I will keep trying if there is someone on 24 hours I will try again later

If you have any other alternate computer, you can also try in that computer. Is it possible to arrange any other alternate computer?

I only have a ipad, I will try at work tomorrow

Okay, Please reply me back when you are available.