Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am trying to reset my password that goes with my Apple ID.

I am trying to...

I am trying to reset my password ***** goes with my Apple ID. I asked that directions be sent to my email ~the only email address I have is ****************@icloud.com but I'm not sure where i go to access the address when i can't get into my account

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably a year or two ago!

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

II was on the If you forgot your Apple Id page and it said I could reset by email or by my security questions~

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it in a nutshell

1/23/2018
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

The email should only be sent to a recovery address and not to the iCloud.com address if it's the one that's locked, obviously, as there is no way to access it. If you can't reset the password ***** email then you will have to reset by answering security questions.

Your Apple ID is normally your email address. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

Once you have the ID and password, you must restart your Apple device to sign in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

John T. F., Apple Consultant
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Apparently I didn't use my correct birthday because it's not letting me in :-(

Ok, that's not good.

If you can’t successfully reset your password ***** still can not log in, you will need special assistance. In this case, you will have to make use of the Express Lane customer service feature to request investigation of the inaccessible account:

https://getsupport.apple.com

Choose the correct category (Apple ID) and issue as prompted by the service above.

As an alternative, if you do not wish to handle it online, you can try calling this number: 1-***-***-****. Ask if they can verify you as the owner of the account for the purposes of resetting the password.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanks John~I will call the 800 # in the morning and give it a try when I am fresh. I've tried so many combos tonight
my brain is fried!

Ok, good luck!

You are very welcome!

However, if you have any further questions on this topic, please let me know at any time.

Please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Insert “For John T. F. only” in your initial question and you can, also, submit new questions directly via the following page:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

John T. F., Apple Consultant