Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My computer lets me log in but then the spinning spiral

Customer Question
My computer lets me...

My computer lets me log in but then the spinning spiral starts and then the computer goes to sleep. i cannot open any files and my tool var and dock do not come up

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have a mac desktop and i just downloaded the sierra software 2 days ago. my computer has not worked since the download.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that i need help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/20/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Start the computer holding the shift key and let me know if that resolves the issue.

desktop model no. A1418. I downloaded the new Sierra system 2 days ago and it hasn't worked since. Now my screen has gone black with the color wheel spinning. The shift key didn't solve the problem.
no thanks

You held it while the computer rebooted right after powering it down and back on?