Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I had emergency surgery 3 years ago resulting in a 2…

Customer Question
When I had emergency...

When I had emergency surgery 3 years ago resulting in a 2 week hospital stay, my son changed my I Pad ID AND Password ***** his girlfriends so that I could stream from her account. This was with her permission. I now need to change them back to me. I have her name and Password, and was successful in changing the payment information to my own credit card, but have not been able to change the user name and password ***** me. Please help. Thanks. ***** *****berg

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Pearl, my son changed it to his girlfriend's, Lori Ospina, in April of 2015. I haven't used the I Pad much, so only realizing the problem now.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do I do that? I don't remember my old password.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. Please transfer, Thanks. Jim

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/20/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Are you changing the information on that account or trying to get a new account to be on that device?

I am changing the information on the account, specifically the user name and ID for the App Store.

What is the current username?

Lori Ospina

Usernames are ***** *****

As you can tell, I am not very knowledgeable. Email address is***@******.***. I also have her PW., and an email from her giving me permission to change it back to mine, but I don't want to screw up her own account.
Justin, are you still there? Jim
Not sure what happened. I will keep my I Pad open, and go do other work. Back in about an hour to see if you have answered.

In appleid.apple.com you can change the primary email address.