Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can not get pages to open when I open a file I get the…

I can not get...

I can not get pages to open when I open a file I get the message index file xml missing. I have tried everything. Desperate as my work is in these files.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacOS High Sierra mackbook pro

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

From what I am reading I may have a pages 5 and a newer version. Tonight I installed 6.2 or something like that. I then removed it from my doc and now I can’t open anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Think that’s it thanks

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I have a meeting in the morning and must be able to open my pages files. The several I have saved to my desktop will not open, neither in pages or word.
1/20/2018
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What version of Pages are you using?

If updating it doesn't help, Drag the application to the Trash and reinstall it.

It can be reinstalled by using the Install, Restore, or iLife disc that came with the computer.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Computer Engineer