Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need help with my mobile phone Samsung J7 Pro. After

I need help with...

I need help with my mobile phone Samsung J7 Pro. After switching off I can't get back on without my password ***** I can't remember it. I use my thumb print! How can I access my phone without my password?

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your Galaxy?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Do you have a Google account linked to the phone?

Yes

1/20/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First of all, these devices are very secure and if you are locked out, then there are no tricks or unofficial ways to unlock the phone. However, there are some other official ways to unlock it.

First we can try to unlock it directly from Samsung Find My Mobile service. This will only work if you have the Find My Mobile option enabled on it. Go to this website --> https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

Login to your Samsung account. Select your device on there. Click More on the right side under Ring My Device, Lock My Device etc. Then click Unlock Device and when you do that, your screen will be unlocked.

Another option is, you can try to setup a new lock using Android Device Manager. Go to this website --> www.google.com/android/devicemanager

Then login to your Google account that you used on your J7. Click Lock button and setup a new lock. Then use the new lock to unlock the phone. See here --> http://trendblog.net/how-to-bypass-android-phone-lock-screen-pattern-pin-password/

If that didn't work, then enter some incorrect lock codes and it will ask for BACKUP PIN. If you setup any backup pin, enter it. If not, enter incorrect codes and it may ask for the Gmail account associated with it.

If that didn't work either, then the only option to get in to the phone is factory-reset it. There is no other way to override the lock screen if the Gmail or Samsung website option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). This is how they designed the device. Even if you take it to the Samsung, they will not be able to unlock it for you.

Follow the steps below to factory reset it (make sure you follow the steps below exactly or it will not work);

Turn off the phone

Press and hold down Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time.

When it turns on, release the Power button but continue holding down Volume Up and Home button.

Android system recovery will be loaded now (may take up to 2 minutes. Press Volume Up and Power if it shows No Command)

Select wipe data/factory reset.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Then select reboot system now(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

That should factory reset the phone.

After factory reset, you need to setup the phone again (like a new phone). If there is a backup made on Samsung or Google account, you will get your data back.

Please understand that, in here, I can only give you possible instructions to fix it. If you are unable to unlock it without the factory reset, please don't rate bad or poor or OK as it will badly affect my job here.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below to factory reset it (make sure you follow the steps below exactlyor it will not work);

Turn off the phone

That should factory reset the phone.

After factory reset, you need to setup the phone again (like anew phone). If there is a backup made on Samsung or Google account, you will get your data back.

Please understand that, in here, I can only give you possible instructions to fix it. If you are unable to unlock it without factory reset, please don't rate bad or poor or OK as it will badly affect my job here.

Hi Ashik,
I have tried all the options. I managed to use my google account and lock the phone, but I cannot use the temp password ***** open it again! So now my next option is to re set to factory settings. The problem I am having at the moment is turning the phone off so that I can start the procedure of resetting. Can you give me any tips on how to turn off the phone? The power button brings up the power off, restart and Emergency mode. When I press power off it just says try again after so many minutes.
Regards Gillian

Hold down Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until it goes off. Then immediately hold down Volume up, Home and Power to boot into recovery mode.

Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi Ashik,
Thank you so much for all your help unlocking my phone, I have managed to re set to factory settings and rebooted all my information to it without losing any data.
Very happy indeed.
Gillian
You are most welcome!
Ashik, Mac Technician