Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I purchased a new Apple IPad yesterday and I can't remember…

I purchased a new...

I purchased a new Apple IPad yesterday and I can't remember my password ***** open the I-Pad. Each time I try to open it I receive a message that the iPad is disabled and I must wait xxxx no. of minutes before trying again. This has happened countless times.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I only purchased it less than 24 hours ago and it came with absolutely no instructions. I did go through the process of placing my fingerprint as requested on the screen, but did not get beyond that step.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, I don't even know there was such an online account.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

This is my first i-pad and I purchased it locally in Walmart.

1/19/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password?

I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
As I mentioned above, I have tried turning it on and off a number of times. I have tried to unlock it be using my finger on the
black "circle" on the bottom, and I have also tried to guess what word I may have used for a password.
Should I assume that I have a defective product?

It isn't defective. It just needs restored.

Click this link on your computer to connect remotely.

Once on the site DO NOT close the Join Session Popup

Click Download App

Once Downloaded

Click Launch App