Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have I mac. I can’t tell you it is the last one before…

I have I mac ...

I have I mac

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

I can’t tell you it is the last one before your current one but the problem is on start up it show me a folder with a question mark

1/19/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I would like answer
How can I fix this problem
Do have a number where I can talk to you

Lets start here. You need to do a reinstall.

Reinstall Instructions

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately hold Command (⌘)-R

2. Release the keys when you see the Apple logo or a spinning globe.

3. When you see the macOS Utilities window, click Reinstall macOS.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
Justin I am still having a problem, When I try to log in it will not let me, I have to power down and restart the iMac then I can log in. and I did reload the sierra operating soft ware

Ok. Lets go a different direction.

Apple includes a tool with macOS or Mac OS X (depending on which version you are using) to replace a Mac's password. This is the best option if you have completely forgotten your password. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off your Mac (choose Apple > Shut Down).
  2. Press the power button while holding down Command-R. The Mac will boot into Recovery mode. When you see the load bar appear you can let go of the keys. It may take a few minutes to load.
  3. Select Disk Utility and press Continue.
  4. Choose Utilities > Terminal.
  5. Enter resetpassword (all one word, lowercase letters) and press Return
  6. Select the volume containing the account (normally this will be your Main hard drive).
  7. Choose the account to change with Select the User Account.
  8. Enter a new password ***** re-enter it into the password *****
  9. Enter a new password ***** related to the password.
  10. Click Save.
  11. A warning will appear that the password ***** changed, but not the Keychain Password. Click OK.
  12. Click Apple > Shut Down.

Now start up the Mac. You can login using the new password.

Yes your are going to do it?

ok

When you try to log in it will not let you but after you power down and restart then I can log in with my pass ward

Did you follow the instructions?

4. Choose Utilities > Terminal.
  10. Click Save.
  12. Click Apple > Shut Down.

There is no place to type

It may have changed. Give this guide a go.

LINK