Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I got a new watch Series 3 with cellular and gps. Took it to…

Customer Question
I got a new...

I got a new watch Series 3 with cellular and gps. Took it to my carrier today and got it set up at Verizon. Got a new phone number for the watch itself. I tried the number and I get no call on the watch. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your GPS?

What do you mean "who makes my GPS? I don't know.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your GPS?

I called Siri and said I needed directions to my home from my place across town. It came back and set they could not find that address

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Main thing is I want my watch to receive calls on the number I dispersed to my family(###) ###-####

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

The number of the watch doesn't go to a phone. That has never been a thing.

All it means is that both the phone and the watch can be linked over data.

if I had my watch on but did not have my phone with me, what number would my wife call to reach me via the watch?
My wife just called me on my regular, longtime mobile number and it rang on my iPhone but not my watch. What is going on?

Your iPhones number.

Is your watch paired?

To your iPhone.