Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I wanted to upload my iTunes music from my lap top to my…

I wanted to upload...

I wanted to upload my iTunes music from my lap top to my GF's IPhone S and checked using a current update. Didn't realize it's loading all my IPhone info and afraid of loosing her info. Right now her phone is asking for Apple ID Verification as I tried to shut it down before completion. Shows my screen saver and does ring with my ring tone to her phone number. How can i get out of this dilemma.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your iTunes?

Not sure about the iTunes but used a1/6/18 on the Apple.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I had the songs screen on the laptop so I thought it was ITunes.

1/18/2018
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Does she have a backup?

don't know ...... we're pinball generation.

If she doesn't all her stuff is already gone.

Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius
now you tell me after the secure connect ... lets cancel that

No worries. I will let customer service know.

I guess i go the apple store...

That is not going to help.

does if she has back up

If there is not a backup everything is gone. I worked for Apple as Genius. The guy/gal you would talk to at the store.

The only way she had a backup is if she also had Find My iPhone turned off on purpose. Because you cannot restore an iPhone with it on and you would have had to turned it off.

So unless she purposely sign out of Find My iPhone which she would know she did then she did not have a backup.

Ask her if she has an iCloud account.

I got that.....we just don't know if backed up or not. Also doesn't know if has cloud.... Should I define pinball generation... Think your Great Grandparents .... we're going to the store.

Here. Let me do you one better, dial ‭(866)(###) ###-#### and select option 1. Let them know a former Mac Genius sent you. They will be able to help you no matter what. When finished messages me back, ok?

Thx .... we've got to find out which Grandbaby set up the phone and see if there's back up.

Sounds good! Let me know if you need anything at all. You can keep asking me questions on this thread.