Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipod is disabled. 14 months. Nothing

Customer Question
My ipod is disabled. ...

My ipod is disabled.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPod?

14 months

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iPod?

Nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 7 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPod to the computer with the USB Cable.
  3. On the iPod, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    - Note: You can click on the small circle icon (or small down arrow icon) at the upper right corner in the iTunes program on the computer in order to see the download progress.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JY750KUmk

- Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Please stay with me on this page. Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 6 months ago

How is it going?

What's the make / model of your computer, if any?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.