Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have forgoten my apple password. The one that I saved no…

Customer Question
I have forgoten my...

I have forgoten my apple password. The one that I saved no longer works. I am trying to purchase an app and it won't let me without my password. Help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't remenber

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No how do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of right now

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I can help you reset the password.
What is your Apple ID?
Not for $39,
I just need a working password
My old password ***** in the past now it doesn't,

I am sorry about the difficulty. Those are only optional additional services in case you need them.

Are you there?

yes, I will have a reset link for you to follow and create a new password ***** your email address.

I just got two more texts from you
I don't need a password ***** my email. I need a password ***** I can purchase an app
I know my email password. Will that work to purchase an app?

no, I will send a reset for your apple id password ***** to the email address.

You keep sending me the same text
I have received 4 emails from you but no answers

An email has been sent to your email address, d•••••@i•••••.com. Follow the directions in the email to reset your password.

Done

I have the emails but no link that I can see
You just ripped me off.
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hey. So like things were not great in this chat. Is there anything I can do to like... help?

Mike, Mac Medic