Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I purchased a new Apple MacBook Air. Went through the set up…

Customer Question
I purchased a new...

I purchased a new Apple MacBook Air. Went through the set up routine and then didn't get a chance to use the machine for a few days. When I went to log in

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Air?

It would not accept my password. As a consequence I cannot use the machine. What can I do!!!!!!!

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?

I have tried every password ***** have ever used to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not a computer geek so I need very basic language and patience, please.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
1/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password?

I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

Prefer not to have to pay the extra as I am on a very limited budget at the moment and I have had to pay $56.00 already.
I have only tried passwords, as I said I am not an expert if anything goes wrong.

Ok. Have you used the Apple Password ***** Tool?

To use the Apple Password ***** Tool, click here: iforgot.apple.com

Mike, Mac Medic