Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It has me locked out, no passwords work. old e-mail address…

Customer Question
It has me locked...

It has me locked out, no passwords work. old e-mail address keeps showing up on I pad that has not been used in years

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My wife does not remember, she says several years ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/17/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Do you have a computer you can plug your iPad into?

No

Is it asking for a pass code or an Apple ID and Password?

It says, this iPad is linked to an Apple ID. Enter the Apple ID and password ***** were used to set up this iPad. ***@******.***The crazy thing is that up until this happened a few days ago, the Apple ID was***@******.***

hmm... dial ‭(866)(###) ###-#### and select option 1. Let them know a former Mac Genius sent you. They will be able to help you reset your password ***** gain access to your iPad. When finished messages me back, ok?

A young lady at this number worked with us for 1&1/2 hours and got it fixed
When you are ready please take a moment to rate my service with the stars located on the top right of the question page.