Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I must first tell you I am not very computer savvy! That…

I must first tell...

I must first tell you I am not very computer savvy! That being said I am finding that my iPad seems to be slower and also when I tap on the screen it doesn't always activate my request. I find I need to tap several times. What do you think the problem could be?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It seems I changed it Jan 4 2017

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

To be honest I don't know how I did it, the tool does not sound familiar to me

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I cannot think of anything at the moment

1/16/2018
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Ignore request for remote or phone support they are automated through the website and not set by me.

This could be a glitch with the software which is common. Usually a force restart of the device will refresh the software and clear up the glitches.

Press and hold the on/off button and the home button down together. Continue to hold both buttons down at the same time until the iPad shuts off. Do not let go until you see the Apple logo then let go.

Give it about 1-2 minutes to boot up and then see how the iPad reacts now. Let me know the outcome.

If this resolves your issue please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.

I wanted to follow up with you and see how did you make out with my solution?

Please let me know. Thanks, Cris.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I notice that my email accounts take between 15 and 20 seconds to appear, and 10 sec. For a message to appear after clicking on it, I found going to a website seemed faster, and I think the taps may be accepted easier
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is that 52.00 on top of the $54.oo I have already signed up for?

Please do not accept any request for remote support. I cannot log into a iPad. There is only a one-time charge unless you sign up for monthly subscription which is not required.

It seems that the emails have not cached into your iPad. But the internet seems to have improved if your pages are opening faster.

What email service are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I use gmail and yahoo

OK, I usually recommend instead of programing Gmail into the Mail app on an iPad. Better to download the Gmail app from the App Store. Then you just sign into the app with your Gmail account info. Then you would access your Gmail account from the Gmail app which loads much faster.

Let me know if you have any further questions I will be glad to answer them. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting. If no further questions.

Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Cris
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist