Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just recieved a new ipad. My wife will use it. I thought…

Customer Question
I just recieved a...

I just recieved a new ipad. My wife will use it. I thought ipads had to have a gmail address but hers is hotmail and she does not want to change. I have not verified the address in the ipad, but cannot go back to the beginning to set her email up in hotmail

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I updated to the latest, 11. ?? I can't find it in the settings

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I just received it 1 hour ago and I am trying to set it up from the beginning. I had her Iphone next to it and thought it would transfer info but it did not

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just want her email set up in hotmail not in gmail

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/16/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

You do not need any particular kind of email address to use an Apple iPad. Have you finished set up of the iPad other than adding the email address?