Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have not been able to print pdfs from either of my brother…

I have not been able...
I have not been able to print pdfs from either of my brother printers. This just started a couple of days ago and I have not been able to find much on the web about it other than it is an Adobe glitch with Mac High Sierra. However, I have been printing fine with high Sierra installed. I connect my printers wirelessly and have tried re-installing the printer drivers and firmware updates. I use Adobe Acrobat DC. What has caused this sudden problem and how can it be fixed. Word documents and jpegs print out normally. I get a message of can't open "/private/var/spool/cups/tmp/02d53a5d70ee".
1/15/2018
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

In the error that appears, is it always the same directory name at the end of the path mentioned in the error (02d53a5d70ee)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. The last digits are different each time I try to print a PDF
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am waiting on your solution

As a workaround do the following to print documents:

Open Adobe Acrobat DC and select File then Print

In the Print Panel that opens select Advanced

In the Advanced Panel select Print as Image check box and click OK.

Test to see if printing works.

Since the error points to an access problem with the temporary files where the documents are stored, a longer term solution would be to uninstall Adobe Acrobat DC, then reboot, and then reinstall Adobe Acrobat DC and then open a document and test printing. Since the uninstall/reinstall should recreate the folders used by the program under the now installed High Sierra, the correct permissions should be on the folders and printing PDFs (not just images) should also work.

Please let me know the result.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi David, Both solutions worked. Many thanks.

Excellent and glad I could help!

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I give you a rating - where do I do that? I will give you 5 stars!

On your Just Answer screen there should be a 5 star rating in the right corner above the text box where you reply. I have attached an example screenshot to show you where it is located.

Thanks!

syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
syseng
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer