Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to download from iCloud iPhone 6 to new iPhone…

I am trying to...

I am trying to download from iCloud iPhone 6 to new iPhone 8

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know- whatever came with the iPhone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I just got the new phone today. I can see the old phone and the new phone in iCloud. Just can't work how to get the backup from the old phone to go to the new phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/12/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When you turn on the new phone, it will take you through the setup process.

Part of this is it asks you to register with your Apple ID, the one you used on the old phone.

Did you get to this step yet?

Please let me know

Thank you

The Telstra man did some of it and I did some more when I got home

ok.. what are you now missing from your data?

I would prefer to do it so I learn what to do if you don't mind

I can see the old phone and the new phone on the iCloud. Just do not see a way to get the old phone data onto the new phone

Go to settings, iCloud and enable all iCLoud options there on the new phone please

If you still miss data, tell me which data you miss please

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Don't use the 02401562 data. That is a really old phone and I want to delete it
The unknown host is my iPad
Okay so what do I need to do?

Thank you

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

No I am on my iPad not computer

You need to do the instructions on your computer please

It will take time to set it up
It is my work laptop and is not connected to iCloud

it is ok, please do the instructions on it

Do. I Run orr Save it?

Run

501(###) ###-####