Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone 5s displays the message" iPhone is disabled,

Customer Question
My iPhone 5s displays...

My iPhone 5s displays the message" iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes" - what do I need to do to connect to iTunes ? online ?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Do not know th OS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Been several weeks and I have attempted to access iTunes on my computer, using the small cable provided for charging using the USB ends of that cable

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My computer is a Dell

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/12/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
Sorry to hear about your issue :(
Unfortunately the only way out is to restore the iPhone to factory settings. This will delete contents from the iPhone unless you have a backup either in iCloud or in iTunes.
Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPhone to the computer.
Now, on the iPhone, press and hold the power button and home button together for 30 sec.
Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
Restore the iPhone now.
Let me know if you find any difficulty.
Thank you
Vinod