Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wife and I use an iMac that is about 4 years old and we…

Hello, My wife and I...
Hello, My wife and I use an iMac that is about 4 years old and we both have iPhone 5c's that are, of course, very compatible with the iMac. Each iPhone has a total of 5 GB memory and I continuously try to keep my email down to a minimum of space plus I can only store a few pictures before I get the warning that I have no more storage space. I have very few apps since the phone can't handle the memory. I've deleted all the apps I absolutely don't need. eI'd like to go ahead and spring for another phone with more total memory but I don't want to spend more than $500 or $600 for a phone. We are both retired now and are on a strict budget.Must I stay with an iPhone to have comparable compatibility with my iMac as we do now with our iPhone 5c's. What other smart phones are out there that would be a good replacement?Currently, I like capabilities to do email, mobil banking, take a few pictures, a weather app, mapping for trips, and texting. But even the phone I have seems to barely have enough memory for those few applications. It's really beginning to bother me.Any suggestions you may have are appreciated.Thank you.
Harry Dinwiddie
1/12/2018
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

Can you tell me in what way do you use your iMac with your iPhone? Do you sync your iPhone to iTunes?

Hello Chris, yes, I do. I'm not tech savy and still don't know how to navigate very well on the iMac. I also do my income taxes on the iMac and we save all our pictures to it too. We have around 2000 pics on it now. I also use it for You Tube. All in all, we really use it very little; not even close to what it is capable of.
Of course I do internet on both the iPhone and the iMac.
Cris, sorry I misspelled your name....

OK, I wanted to know how you use the iPhone with your iMac and whether it would be better choice to stay with an iPhone or move over to an Android device.

There currently deals going on with iPhones depending on your carrier. Which carrier do you have for your iPhones?

Verizon!!

Verizon is currently selling the iPhone 6s 32GB for $449. That will give you double the space you currently have and also the 6s is still supported with Apple's latest iOS software.

Cris, that's awesome! Probably just what I need and still stay compatible with our iMac. I'll surely look in to this tomorrow at my Verizon store that is very close by.Thank you so much!
Harry D.

Your very welcome. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.

Thank you,

Cris

Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist