Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

After I login to a particular account on my mac it just

After I login to...

After I login to a particular account on my mac it just spins with the white progress circle, or goes to beach-ball. Can log in to other accounts fine. This is on a Macbook Air

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Maybe a few weeks, have been getting around it by using another user account but that's not ideal. Have tried some disk-repair options etc after booting into recovery or safe mode based on things I saw online

Can sudo from a terminal on another account if needed to get that account administrator permissions from the command-line, but can't login graphically to that account
1/11/2018
RussellA
RussellA, Systems Engineer

Have you tried this:

1. Login as guest
  2. Open Terminal (cmd + space then search terminal)
  3. enter su "your_account"
  4. enter your password
  5. sudo find /private/var/folders/ | grep com.apple.LaunchServices | grep csstore
  6. sudo rm /private/var/folders/cd/someLongRandomNameHere/someFolderNumberHere/com.apple.L aunchService-whatever.csstore

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your issues. If you are satisfied with my answer please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

RussellA
RussellA, Systems Engineer
That worked perfectly, thank you!

I am so very happy that I was able to help you with this issue. When you get a chance, give me a review / rating. All of the best to you, and if you ever need me again, a shortcut to get right to me is http://RussellA.com