Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

We are having a nightmare trying to reset my Mom's password.

Customer Question
We are having a...

We are having a nightmare trying to reset my Mom's password. We have been trying for over a week. We even answered the security questions and tried an account recovery reset, but we are not getting an e-mail or call with the info

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Months ago, my mom is older and forgets to write down her passwords

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Her appl id is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
1/10/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 5 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password?

I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

WE TRIED to reset my Mom's password ***** apple. We answered security questions and even entered the credit card number that is associated with her apple account. We then were told we need to do a recovery. So we requested that last Friday, and received no contact.. We tried again to ask for a recovery a few days ago and still no contact. We are at our wits end.. We have tried all her passwords and none work. My little nephews might have changed it without her knowledge.. What do we need to do??
how do we get her password ***** get a new password ***** apple. We have talked to apple support and still have not been successful.

Please dial ‭(866)(###) ###-#### and select option 1. Let them know a former Mac Genius sent you. They will be able to help you reset your password. When finished messages me back, ok?

Are we getting charged 30 for this
It said $5
This is a scam

It is not a scam. It is a legitimate business and you picked the amount the question was worth to you. We take a good faith payment, but to ensure the expert will be adequately paid for his/her service we hold the fee for the question until there is a result. For your peace of mind we also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that states we will refund all your monies if you so request. I have tested this for myself and we are expeditious about refunds.

I want a refund other than the $5 that I was advised. All you did was refer me to Apple support, which I have already spoke to. Please only charge the $5.

I will refund the money, but did you actually call the number?

Please let me know if only the $5 will be charged.

I am going to refund every dime, but did you actually call the number?

Seriously. I want to know.

I called the number that you provided, but they said they were apple support, 800 my apple

Did you select option 1?

it is not 1800 MY APPLE. It is the Mac Genius Hotline. It is a direct call to Tier 2 with the option for Customer Relations. Did you actually call the number?

I am not sure, did you tell me to do that? If so I did.
What are you charging.. Seriously I thought it was $5.. I did get a senior tech.

Yes. What did he tell you?

They just told me the same thing again.. Do a recovery, which I have now done 3xs.

Sometimes it is out of their hands. That is everything they can do. I am going to refund your money now. Which means I will not be able to communicate anymore.

I told you to take the $5 or even $10 is ok, don't want your time for free, just think 30 is a lot for a phone #