Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Safari will not connect to my home page. When I try to go to…

Customer Question
Safari will not connect...

Safari will not connect to my home page. When I try to go to you tube I get no photos only numerous little boxes with question marks. ??????

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your Apple device?

I do not know. It will not connect to app store either

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

I have tried numerous things all of yesterday and some of today. I have not accomplished anything

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am using another computer

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/10/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Sheri, Mac Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Mac Support Specialist

Hi JACUSTOMER-s4t9d3rc,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. You may want to try resetting your Safari browser to factory. After you do this, you would want to install Adobe FlashPlayer and Java, as well as set your homepage.

Please note: factory resetting your web browser will revert your web browser back to the way it was when it was first installed!This will perform a wide variety of actions on your web browser, including:

All advanced settings will revert to their default configurationUser names and passwords will have to be reenteredThe default search engine and saved search engines will be reset to their original defaultsHomepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removedDefault startup tabs will be clearedNew Tab page settings will be resetPinned tabs will be unpinned (Chrome)Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaultsCookies and site data will be clearedExtensions, themes and plugins will be disabled

If you are not willing to do this, we suggest installing and/or using a different browser which we support such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer or Apple Safari.If you are unsure of how to factory reset your browser, please follow the step-by-step instructions below for the browser you are experiencing an error with:

Apple Safari:

Click on “Safari” located in the menu bar in the top left hand corner of the screenClick on “Reset Safari...”Place a checkmark beside all available optionsPress the “Reset” buttonClick on the Hard Drive icon located on the desktopBrowse to “Users > (Users Home) > Library > Safari folder”Drag every file except “Bookmarks.plist” into the TrashBrowse to “User > (Users Home) > Library > Preferences”Locate “com.apple.Safari.plist”, “com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist” and “com.apple.internetconfig.plist” and drag them to the trash. NOTE: If “com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist” does not exist, ignore it and just trash the other two filesRestart Safari Regards,Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Mac Support Specialist: Sheri, Mac Support Specialist replied 5 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert