Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am using my gmail account in my phone and old iPad but i…

Customer Question
Hi i am using...

Hi i am using my gmail account in my phone and old iPad but i cant use it in the new iPad i just have. It says they can verify my identity please i need help

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Tablet and phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

All of them

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since 2 January
I can see the mail account in my phone and the old iPad but not in the new iPad
The account i cant open is***@******.***

Okay, when you go to gmail.com from safari, can you login there?

I just want to check the password ***** *****

No i cant

What does it say?

They can verify my account.

Ok - I'm afraid there is nothing you can do at the moment. This happens to a lot of people. As you still have partial access this will be a hell of a lot easier than other cases, luckily enough!
The only thing you can do is create a new google account and use this account to post on the google forums. This will allow you to speak to the moderators about your old account you do not have access too.
People will tell you otherwise but Google are very strict on account recovery. Once you have created you new temporary account post in these forums: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/gmail
Thanks and good luck
Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.