Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just received a phone message from 1 888 866 6899. The…

Customer Question
I just received...

I just received a phone message from 1(###) ###-#### The messageI was that there was suspicious activity on my Apple Account. I was to call the phone listed before I used my account. When I called, I couldn't understand the man that answered. We also received a similar call for our x daughter in law about one of her accounts.. The voice sounded the same as the original call but it was from a dept. store. I want to know if there is indeed a threat or is this someone trying to scam the accounts.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have an Apple Ipad.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

The call came in about an hour or so ago. I called but did not understand the man who answered and I hung up. He spoke very poor English

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry this has happened to you. This is a popular scam that has been going on. Apple does not call customers regarding issues with Apple accounts/Devices. Please DO NOT call or let them have access to your Phone, as they are probably installing spyware and other malicious items. Report them to the Internet Crime Bureau here : http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

If you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars, Positive rating are appreciated. If you need more help please reply back to me.

Thank you