Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iPad mini 2 which was recently given to me. It has…

Customer Question
I have an iPad...

I have an iPad mini 2 which was recently given to me. It has been factory reset. Has not been synced. AND I FORGOT PASSCODE?

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPad?

Idk I haven't synced it yet. Our home burnt about a month ago & we lots all our computers, media devices. That's why my mom gave me the ipad

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

Maybe a few minutes ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The ipad is disable & says try again in 15 mins.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
1/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

I am sorry to hear about your home. Do you have a Mac or Windows computer we can use to reset the iPad?

Hello

Hi, did you see my previous message?

I only have my iPhone 7S
And the ipad mini 2 (which is what I'm needing help with).
Sorry I'm a bit slow with the texting

I see. Does a family member have a computer we can use possibly? We will need it to reset the iPad since you do not remember the passcode

I'm thinking! I don't know for sure. Everyone seems to be mobile these days.
I don't think so. I could go to library?

If the library allows you to install iTunes, that could work

I'm asking the neighbor if they have PC. Does it have to be a Apple product?

No it just needs to either be a windows or mac computer

Ok hung on walking next door

Not a problem

We can't download iTunes to and Android phone and do it from that, could we? A friend is here and has a phone.

Sadly we cannot, itunes is only downloadable on a PC running Windows or MacOS

Figures... That's my luck! Well neighbor is not answering door. Now what? Friend said that library does not allow downloading on PCs.
She has a laptop at home it would take her about an hour roundtrip, to bring it.

We unfortunately cannot do anything without a computer to use

Ok so if she goes gets her laptop. What do I do when she gets back? How do we finish & do I get charged again for another fee?
Why can't I give you the iTunes info you must have a PC don't you?

If you leave this chat open, there will be no other charge. Also, there should be links being sent to your email currently that will take you back to this chat.

And I would need the iPad to do that sadly

Ok then I am trying another neighbor & another friend that lives closer.

Okay, just let me know when you are ready

Ok thank you very much!

No problem!

Ok I'm on my way to friends house now. Give me about 15 mins to get there.
What do I need to take with me? This phone & just the ipad, is that all?

And the cable to connect the iPad to the computer

I apologize on the way out the door, I received an phone call that was not a good one. Had to digest the bad news and compose myself, so I can drive safely.
Thank you for your patience.
I'm trying my hardest, to make this happen. Bare with me just a few more minutes.

Not a problem. I will be here when you are ready

I'm sorry that did not work out. Apparently her laptop does not have an wifi adapter installed. Wow!!! This would be one of those days a person just should not have gotten out of bed. Or perhaps they should just go shoot their self.
So I can try one more place but I'm sure you should be getting off work soon?
However, I have not given up completely. It's urgent that I get it going. I have to have spreadsheet to insurance company within 5 days listing 5893 items and the cost of items when we got them. Or they will cancel our house for claim for non compliance of policy.
Ok I'm sorry I have exhausted aevery possible way of accessing a pc. I'm sorry I've wasted so much of your time.

Sorry for the delay as I was off at 7PM EST yesterday. Did you already make the spreadsheet?