Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I import music files from my desk top into iTunes? No…

Customer Question
How do I import...

How do I import music files from my desk top into iTunes?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

No idea

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

Just clicked around looking for a tab

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, i need to convert the files to a 16 bit format

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

how do you convert wav files to 16 bit

Do you want to do that or do you want to help to import music into iTunes?

both

Wav's are drag an drop into iTunes.

do I have to do it with each song or can I drag the folder? I tried both and both failed

Where do they live now?

on my desk top

Try this and report back. LINK

If you are importing audio from CD's which are in WAV format this is the process to import then directly into 16bit.

LINK

there is no advanced button on my iTunes

What about the first one?

no, I have 10 songs my studio sent me and they reside on my desk top as wav files. I don't think you understand how to do this, so I quit. You've really frustrated me. Please don't respond, I feel like in addition to being pissed, I've wasted my money.

Well the files should need no help getting into iTunes. If they don't the issue is the files themselves. I would reach out to your studio. That is why I said it is drag and drop, but I have continued to help you knowing that if you want a refund I get paid nothing to help you. So would you like a refund? If you do that is cool, but your studio sent you bunk files. To prove it download VLC and try and play them. I bet it won't work either.