Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just lost my cell phone and it has find my iphone turned…

Customer Question
Hi, I just lost...

Hi, I just lost my cell phone and it has find my iphone turned on however when I tried to log into apple.com it will not accept my password. I tried to reset it and it is sending reset instructions to my iphone. How do I reset and find my phone.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Prior to today? I am not sure.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I did and it sent the reset instructions to my iphone, that does not help

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Connect me with what?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password?

I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

I tried to re-set it in apple.com but it sent the instructions to my iphone (which is not helpful).

Are you unable to answer the security questions?

No I do not
My apple watch is working via text message but I do not have my phone. Can you help?
Can you please assist?

Yes. We will start with a call. Please dial ‭(866)(###) ###-#### and select option 1. Let them know a former Mac Genius sent you. They will be able to help you reset your password. When finished messages me back, ok?