Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an older iMac which worked perfectly fine a couple…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older iMac which worked perfectly fine a couple weeks ago. Today when I turn it on I only get a blue screen. Any suggestions. I have turned it on and off a couple of times and disconnected all peripherals.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your iMac (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

I will try - give me a few minutes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Still blue screen

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Do you have another monitor you can plug into your computer?

I am using my laptop to communicate with you - how would I plug that into the iMac?

There is not a way to plug a laptop monitor into another computer. It would be cool if you could, but this would need to be another monitor or TV even. On the iMac depending on the age it has mini display port. You would need to be able to have an adapter from that to another monitor to verify if the display or graphics card is bad. If you do not have those handy it may be better to check it into a local Apple Store.

I have no way for you to connect for remote assistance - any suggestions that I can try from here?
Thank you for your help

When you are ready please take a moment to rate my service with the stars located on the top right of the question page.