Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have questions about what we must do when we purchase

Customer Question
I have questions about...

I have questions about what we must do when we purchase another Ipad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

10.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Nothing is wrong except this model is too old and we want to upgrade to a newer model

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes we want to know how easy or hard it is to transfer data from old to new ipad

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 6 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

You are best to purchase one fro an Apple Store.

Your data is transferred when you setup the new iPad, you just need to choose to restore an iPad backup when asked on the new iPad.

To be sure you have it synced to iCloud, if you go to settings, iCloud on this older laptop, is iCloud enabled?

this was not much help

ok.. how was it not much help, and can you do the instructions I requested from you so I can finish with the complete answer?

the questions I asked were "WHEN i buy a new iPad, but I guess that won't work since I haven't bought it yet.

I was only ensuring WHEN you purchase the iPad youare already set up for an easy transfer, plus your data is then backed up.

This is why I asked you to check on Settings, iCloud... it was not meant to annoy you but ensure your data is protected