Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do I turn on my camera on my Lenovo Laptop to be able to…

Customer Question
Hi...How do I turn...

Hi...How do I turn on my camera on my Lenovo Laptop to be able to Skype. I created an account and was able to speak to my grandson on Sat. i could see him but he couldn't see me ?? I clicked on the icon w/a line drawn through it but it didn't change to plain icon. Thx.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Lenovo?

Microsoft and it is a Lenovo ideapad 310

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your IdeaPad? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes..as far as I know....it updates automatically at times. Not sure what it is updating, but it tells me not to turn off my pc.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what to add.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
I do NOT have a Mac and I already stated this to you.
. I think this is a total ripoff. Please refund my money. Thank you. *****
1/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your cam. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

I do not have a Mac...as I already stated. I have Microsoft 10 Operating system.
This is getting rediculous. Can you advise me as to how to turn on my cam so my caller can see me or not ?

Before i send the refund link for you if needed, you were talking to a computer prompt to get your initial info

to help the experts get an idea of what you wanted/needed.

You are talking to a human now. If you would like to continue, please answer the following and keep in mind,

there are tons of reasons each device is not working in different areas. We need to troubleshoot by answering

questions back and forth to find a resolution:

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10?

Did the cam ever work on your pc before today for anything like pics or another video chat?

Is it only skype it isnt working with? Or can you open your cam and see a pic when not in skype?

Thank you for the OS answer.

Just refund my money please. I will take my pc to a local tech shop. This has gone on too long.

Im sorry you feel that way. I will move on to other clients and leave you the refund link.

Have a great day & good luck!

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

You just keep asking for more money. That does not sit well with me.
Please refund my $5.00. Thank you.