Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My I pad won't charge. Don't know what you mean by that.?

Customer Question
My I pad won't...

My I pad won't charge

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Don't know what you mean by that.? Could you be clearer

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

That started yesterday. I tried going back to the apple logo

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Everything else seems okay, but only charges to 50 percent

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
1/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: R LAFAYETTE, Consultant replied 5 months ago
R LAFAYETTE
R LAFAYETTE, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using just answer! My name is ***** ***** I have been assigned to your question. I am reviewing your answers. While I do this may I know your name please?

I would like to begin my diagnosis of this issue by verifying if the charger/lighting cable has become defective, this is most common cause of a device failing to charge due to the chip that is used in the Apple' cables.

June
I pad not charging

OK, this is most common due to the cable itself however overtime the port itself can become filled with very fine dirt particles that will prevent a charge. First question, how long have you had this charger?

Just yesterday

You purchased the charger yesterday, yes?

No

OK, how long have you had the iPad? Secondly is this the original charger?

Due to the MFI security chip within the cable, the cable itself is the highest point of failure in terms of a device receiving a charge. My suggestion would be to try with another charger. Please advise.