Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It appears I was scammed and paid$250.to someone I thought…

Customer Question
It appears I was...

It appears I was scammed and paid$250.to someone I thought was an apple rep,My question is is my Mac Book now accessible to them and can they see what I am doing

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook? What have you tried so far?

My Mac is running

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 6 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Did you allow them access to your Macbook?

Please let me know

Ok, do you recall the program they installed on your computer?

I was Malwarebytes

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

69966996

ok, not sure what you sent me but can you please carefully read and perform the instructions I gave you?

I'll repeat them again below

Click this link

Thank you