Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Iphone7 is locked up. Iphone7. This is the 1st. it has…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My Iphone7...

Second opinion] My Iphone7 is locked up.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Iphone7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

This is the 1st. it has locked up. It worked fine a week. Then it started asking for a an Apple ID & password, Everyone I put in didn't work. Then it locked up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

How to unlock it. It says to load iTunes but I never registered it with iTunes or used iTunes.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 3 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

What is the exact wording of the text on screen?

What is your passcode?

Ok, if you can't use the passcode to unlock the iPhone it will have to be reset and restored.

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove any passcodes, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

-> Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it (using the charging cable that came with it from Apple)

-> Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

-> Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the volume down button (on the left) for 10 seconds

-> Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the volume down button, until...

-> iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

John T. F., Apple Consultant