Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I purchased my apple model A1418 on February 10, 2017. I am…

Customer Question
I purchased my apple...

I purchased my apple model A1418 on February 10, 2017. I am having a very frustrating time with my pages program. When reviewing a just typed line there are usually several mistakes and they are words with letters in them that are from anywhere on the keyboard. It started happening about 2 months ago but has gotten worse with time. I have tried a new keyboard but it is still doing the same thing so it has to be right within the program. My computer is still on warranty. Please advise... thank you.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your A1418?

High Sierra 10.13.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your A1418? What have you tried so far?

It has been going on for about 2 months but has gotta worse with the passage of time. I bought a new keyboard yesterday after talking with the store tech I purchased it from, tried it all day yesterday but there was no improvement. That is all I have tried.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The problem seems to be specifically related to the pages program because it is not happening when I use email or any other function in the computer.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
You can cancel my question, I just figured out the problem. Thank you.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Are you saying it is auto correcting to random words?

No, it is misspelling words at random very frequently
Are you going to be able to figure out the problem for me without the secure remote assistance?