Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a Seagate Backup Plus for MAC and I want to retrieve…

Customer Question
I have a Seagate...

I have a Seagate Backup Plus for MAC and I want to retrieve a spreadsheet file from it. I have not ever learned how to do this.

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

I am using NUMBERS on OS High Sierra Version 10.13.2

Technician's Assistant: Is your spreadsheet saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

NO

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except that I have info on this Spreadsheet that I will need for Income Tax purposes. I had renamed the old 2017spreadsheet, started a new Spreadsheet for 2018, and erased the data from the old one. Now I have a spreadsheet for 2018, but cannot find the one for2017.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Sheri, Mac Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Mac Support Specialist

Hi JACUSTOMER-udkyv63y,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please do the following"

• Plug the external hard drive into a USB port on your Mac.
  • Plug the external hard drive into power, if it is the type that has a separate power cord
  • Once it loads into the Mac, it will mount and appear as a drive on the desktop of the computer
  • Click on the drive with the Seagate Backup Plus or similar name on the desktop, to access the contents of the drive
  • You can click through the folders to see the files

If you don't find it and need help using search to locate it, let me know and also reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Mac Support Specialist: Sheri, Mac Support Specialist replied 5 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert