Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Each time I try to view my text messages I get a screen

Customer Question
Each time I try...

Each time I try to view my text messages I get a screen picture of a phone and an ad that says " open the app drawer and tap Apple Pay to send money to friends." Below it there is a blue bar that says "continue." I'm afraid to hit continue and there is no way to get rid of the screen. I've closed all my open screens and this one closes but comes back each time I go to text messages. I turned my phone off and back on but nothing changes. What to do??

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?

Last night.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

How are you trying to view your messages?

I can't view any texts. That's my problem. All I can get is the "ApplePay" message when I hit text.

That doesn't make any sense to me. When you tap the messages app you cannot get to the messages app?

I get the same message which is an offer on "Apple Pay" to send money to a friend. Whatever that means I don't know but it seems to override the other text messages. I can't get rid of it.

It is an AD? That also makes no sense unless you are not actually in the messages app.

Thanks but I think I'm headed to the Apple Store

I think that is for the best. Hope your day gets better!