Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My computer says I must sign in with my apple id. I wrote my…

Customer Question
My computer says I...

My computer says I must sign in with my apple id. I wrote my apple id but it says that is not the id.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

The computer is Macbook Air. The phone (on which my apple ID works) is an I phone. How do I find out what operating system I am running

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?

After I bought my new cell phone a month ago, this has said I must use apple ID. Mostly I just quit trying, as my computer works fine for email and word

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I also used to be able to see text on my computer, and I used to be able to do facetime on it. Now that just works with my phone. I would prefer coming into the SOho store, with my cell and computer, and have a person help me. Can you make an appointment with a genius?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I don't know what "remote support" means so I don't know. Why would I want it or not?
I also don't understand all these charges. Should I just cancel this and go to the Apple Store? If not, why not?
34; get peace of mind??" surely you joke.
The more I think about it, the more I want to cancel. This is all beyond me.

I am sorry you feel that way. What questions can I answer for you that would help you with this process?

Can you cancel this?

I can. Once I do I will not be able to respond. Have a great day!