Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Wife's cell phone suddenly screen says Then go to screen to…

Customer Question
Wife's cell phone suddenly...

Wife's cell phone suddenly screen says hello. Then go to screen to enter password. From there it goes to activation screen and you can go no farther without enter your I-cloud ID and password. Is this a virus or something other then apple??

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Yesterday evening

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

This is what happens when a phone updates over night. The Apple ID and Password ***** is asking for is the one used for iCloud. Does she know what that is?

No
She is try what she thought it was

Ok. Have you used the Apple Password ***** Tool?

To use the Apple Password ***** Tool, click here: iforgot.apple.com