Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

What's not going on is more like it! My iPad mini won't

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. What's...

Hi Pearl. What's not going on is more like it! My iPad mini won't connect to the wifi. I've tried all the suggested aids and none has worked. I've (reluctantly) gone for a factory reset, but when I type in my password *****'s rejected because of an error connecting to the apple ID server! Heeelp!

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot on your device (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Yup.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I'm a technology dummy...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 3 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

This sounds like no fun. When you say you have tried all the suggested methods to connect to WiFi, what are those methods?

Incidentally, I'm in France: my phone number won't compute on your site. I've tried unplugging, hard booting, resetting but not factory re-set. I am just about bald with fury now that my password *****'t recognised
How do I get apple to recognise my password?

It likely will not be recognized until your iPad connects with a network. Do you have a computer you can plug the iPad into?

I do.

Does that computer connect to a network?

The same network my ipad refuses to recognise.
Hello?

Does your computer have iTunes?

Perfect. Open iTunes and navigate to your iPad. It should allow you to sign in there. Since you are connected to a network on that computer it should connect to the servers and authenticate. if you would like me to do this for you remotely please let me know.

My ipad is refusing to recognise the LiveBox password. I’ve also tried the apple id but it says that’s wrong too.

LiveBox is your internet correct? Is your computer connected to that internet?

I’m connected to iTunes. It accepted the password ***** ipad rejected!

Good. Is the iPad Activated now?

Well, it’s asking for a passwprd. I’ll try again!

Did you enter it in iTunes on the Activation Page for the iPad on your computer?

Still telling me the livebox password ***** *****
Entered it on the ipad

Are you able to use the iPad, just not connect to WiFi?

Ipad is fone - as long as I don’t want a wofi connection! iPhone is fine too.

Have you tried forgetting the network and connecting again?

Tried that!

Is your laptop wired or wireless?

Not a laptop. Desktop. Plugged in.

Are you on travel or do you live in France permanently?

Permanent resident.
I’ve just noticed that I’ve been charged 30€. I am slightly taken aback!

The full rate is held during the interaction. If you accept the answer the full amount is withdrawn. Were you unaware of that? How would you like to proceed?

No, I wasn’t aware. It appeared that the charge was 5€!
If you are able to help me, I’ll be happy with the 30€ charge.
If my problem is unresolved this could get expensive!

We do that so that we can take a good faith payment, but to ensure the expert will be adequately paid for his/her service we hold the fee for the question until there is a result. For your peace of mind we also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that states we will refund all your monies if you so request. I have tested this for myself and we are expeditious about refunds.

Have you unplugged the power to the internet and plugged it back in?

Thank you. Do you think there’s an answer to my problem or shall Ijust hurl the damn ipad into the river?

While I have been in your shoes and the river didn't sound like a bad option I am sure we can come to a conclusion that is satisfactory.

Tried that too.
My ipad hates me.

I wouldn't say that, but I understand how it can feel. Does your phone do the same thing?

Nope. I’m corresponding with you on it right now.
Are you still there?

yes. I am

Any more suggestions?

Have you tried resetting your network settings?

I’ve tried resetting everything! I’ve even tried getting in touch with apple but I’m sure you know how easy that is. I think I’m going to have to take it to the local computer guy.
do battle in French..

Actually there is an international number that could be the answer. It takes you straight to Tier 2 without all the idiots. You could give it a call. They are open now. ‭(866)(###) ###-#### option 1

Thank you. Does that mean you’re stumped?

Me personally. I think we have gone through most of the conventional methods. I want to see if there is something more before erasing the iPad entirely and connecting again. That is my last option, but perhaps Tier 2 has a better answer, ya know?

I can understand that. I’ll try the number tomorrow. Tonight I’ve lost the will to live and still have to cook dinner for himself. Thank you for trying anyway. Will I get charged?

I will refund the monies. You can respond to this, but I cannot respond back. So if you could. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you. I will. I know you tried your best.

Thank you!

Mike, Mac Medic