Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I do banking on safari but my bank just said I need another…

Customer Question
I do banking on...

I do banking on safari but my bank just said I need another safariupgrade as it does not support the version I have I had taken the computer into Jump at Stone Raod Mall in Guelph Ontario & they cleaned up my computer & said it is so old it cannot have another update if I want it to run it is very slow & I want to know what to do . This MacBook is from 2010 maybe earlier I don't know how to find the serial nr which would indicate it's age

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Safari?

Two years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I cannot open the pictures file beyond a couple hundred pictures it just sits & crys ( if it could Stupid me did not put the pictures in albums when I down loaded them because I did not know how not a good excuse !

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

On older operating computers the operating system can limit the browser version for Safari. This is not the case for Firefox and Chrome for some operating systems. Depending on what you are running Google Chrome may be your best friend until you update your computer. Would you like to know more about alternatives to help you continue using your computer for online banking?

No thanks

Have I answered your question?

thanks, have great 2018!

You too!

When you are ready please take a moment to rate my service with the stars located on the top right of the question page.