Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

No SIM Card Installed. Apple iPad. I bought it for a friend…

Customer Question
No SIM Card Installed ...

No SIM Card Installed

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Apple iPad

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I bought it for a friend (1) yr ago. the recipient says he never set it up. It asking me for a passcode.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am disabled, trying to use it for Uber, as I do not have a Smart Phone, also, to connect w/ "Alexa" and use as a creit card swipe for Small Business

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
1/8/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Can you send me the serial number of the iPad?

i cannot find it

Do you have a computer you can plug your iPad into?

connected now S/N isMC769LL/A or DN6HV2YYDFJ1
did you see S/N?
did you see my S/N

Yes. I am going to accept your remote assistance to remotely connect, ok?

never mind, please do not charge me

Ok. Are you requesting for a full refund?